Monday, September 28, 2009

What Will I Aspire? Rebaldo*


*Official Statement of Mayor Raymar "Boyet" Acevedo Rebaldo of the Municipality of Kalibo regarding the recent political development in the Province of Aklan.

George Patton once said, "It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains victory."

On September 12, 2009, Congressman Florencio T. Miraflores, Governor Carlito S. Marquez, and Vice Governor Gabrielle V. Calizo-Quimpo declared that they have formed the United Leadership Coalition. After that day, I was besieged with questions from some well-meaning associates: "Ano eon ing daeaganan kara, Boyet/Raymar?" (What will you aspire for now Boyet/Raymar?)

Well, just a couple of months ago, prior to the said announcement of the United Leadership Coalition, the Tibyog-Akean Kalibo Municipal Directorate, with the former Mayor and Congressman Allen S. Quimpo; former Mayor Diego M. Luces and other Tibyog leaders endorsed me for the Vice-gubernatorial slate. I have accepted this and made known my intention to the Provincial directorate until this recent political development came in.

Now, the question of many friends: Ano eon ing daeaganan kara, Boyet/Raymar? (What will you aspire for now Boyet/Raymar?)

But I also asked myself, kinahang-ean baea magdaeagan ka Boyet/Raymar? (Is it needed for Boyet/Raymar to be a candidate?) Well, there are many ways to lead: by delivering motivational speeches, by sporting an iron fist, by dispensing patronage, by belonging to a dynasty. But as for me, I would rather receive the mandate of the people to lead than to claim for a position to lead.

Thus, I announce that I shall listen to the voice of the people. I shall respect the group’s decision, whatever it is and shall follow the men and women who are chosen to lead us in the spirit of unity.

I arrived at this decision by just looking back at how the stalwarts of Tibyog-Akean welcomed me to the fold and anointed me for the mayoralty in 2001. Nobody stood against the party’s decision then. I also have to look at how the Hon. Daisy Sucro-Briones, SP member, observed the process for her affiliation, and how the Municipal Directorate welcomed her to the fold. Nobody questioned the party’s decision then; nobody would, now.

For the victory of the United Leadership Coalition and of the Akeanon, I am here to follow the voice of the people. Let us support our leaders!

And in my remaining days as Mayor of Kalibo, I will continue to serve until the last day of my term. I will finish what has been started, and start what I am capable of doing until the end of my term which are Establishing Stimulation Therapeutic Activity Center (STAC); Rehabilitation of Youth Hostel; Improvement of Slaughterhouse/Public Market; Construction of Satellite Market/Terminal; Solid Waste Management Program; Rehabilitation of Roads/Drainage; Improvement of Pastrana Park (Stage/CR), BLISS site & other shrine; Strengthen Philhealth & Indigency Program; Creation of Economic Enterprise and Human Resource Development; other Infrastructure Projects and Programs of LGU Kalibo.

Kabay nga rayang mga butang hay padayon nga pagasuportahan it akong mga kaibahan ag taw-an sanda it Gino-o it kahayag para makahimo ag makabaeay it ikamayad para sa banwa ag ko pumueoyong kalibonhon. (I hope this matter will be continuously supported by my group and may God enlighten them for the good of the municipality and the people of Kalibo.)
Magpangamuyo ag magbueoligan kita. (Let us pray and cooperate.) Viva Sr. Sto. NiƱo! Viva Kalibo!
Saeamat it abu. (Thank you very much.) /MP

No comments: