Thursday, April 12, 2007

CAPIZ BAY RESORT....

CAPIZ BAY, HAVEN OF PEACE
for Reflection and Comfort

By MEGS S. LUNN


"Let loose of what you can’t control. Serenity will be yours," Anonymous.


The author, Megs Lunn with Resort owner Mr. Ruben Yap

About eight (8) kilometers from the City of Roxas, one will wonder where one of the roads will take you, to the beach or to the bay?! Capiz Bay Resort in Libas, Roxas City, Capiz made a difference in my life just recently while I was on an out-of-town training. The owner of the 18 hectares property of beach and fishpond is Mr. Ruben Yap. He hosted me for three days and two nights. Mr. Yap is a very humble and simple man amidst his wealth and power.
As I entered the resort, I was awed by the cleanliness, orderliness and warmth of the place. No wonder, for one of his caretakers is a fellow Aklanon. She is called Manang Tita, from Altavas, whose Aklanon husband from Estancia, Kalibo is called Manong Carling. Instantly, I belonged to the family – my "kababayan" in a secluded place away from the crowd and people of the city.
Yes, Capiz Bay offers fresh, cool breeze air to breath. The place is not only for relaxation, but more. I lost myself, and indeed, serenity was mine. During the first day of my stay at Capiz Bay Resort, I reflected on the people I met everyday. Hundreds of them who filled my mobile phone with numbers, e-mails and addresses. I discovered Capiz Bay as a new horizon and reminded me to appreciate God’s beautiful creation.
At Capiz Bay Resort, one can feel the serenity of the place. As I wandered around the resort, I noticed the beautiful, artistic but simple cottages in the center of the fishponds. I didn’t only become awed with the harvest from it, but also, the taste of the fresh fish from the ponds, Manang Tita cooked it into the Filipino’s favorite "sinigang" and "paksiw".
The resort boost of an eight (8) nice-looking cottages so peaceful and comfortable for 15 people, for honeymooners, or just for oneself at a very reasonable rates ideal for family. There is the fishing lagoon for fresh bangus, retreat and picnic area for the family, too.
When one is at the resort, he can more reflect if he does the nature trail up to the mountain where he can view the fascinating Barangay Libas. I can’t help but mesmerized by the wonders and the creation of God. The attractions from the mountain hill are so amazing that I didn’t like to walk back to the foot of the hill and end my nature trail. The pursuit of happiness is not what life is about. Only as we remember that life is a test, a trust, and a temporary assignment. Will the appeal of these things lose their grip on our lives?
I have reflected on how many friends I have encountered, met, talked to and shared with them, the beauty of what life offers. As Rotary founder Paul P. Harris said, "He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare." The blessing of friendship has been tremendous in my life since the death of my hubby. It’s been a year and 6 months, loneliness has changed to happiness because of the presence of my old acquaintances, new found friends and more friends to come. Deep inside, I remembered the loving kindness my late hubby, my only daughter and I shared.
I am not alone on this battle of loneliness, for there are more people out there who share the same fate. Rather, we convert this loneliness for us to live life simply and peacefully.
It was another journey of my life that I have shared thru this article. The journey to happiness with friends is a never ending saga. I walk daily like a pencil that is being sharpened; the people I meet, some with character, while some with attitude. "Nobody is good at everything and no one is called to be everything." What’s important is to remain calm and serene, like the serenity at Capiz Bay Resort. As Eleonor Roosevelt said, "It isn’t enough to talk about peace, one must believe it. And it isn’t enough to believe, one must work for it." /MP

No comments: