Sunday, February 23, 2014

Aklan Love Story

Note: This column will be devoted for true love stories so that others who may read this may elicit good lessons from the experience of those who are ahead of them. A love story selected and published will be awarded one year subscription to Madyaas Pen or its equivalent in cash. The true names of the story sender maybe withheld. The love stories below are submitted by two college students studying in Kalibo, Aklan.

My Love Is Sort of Magic

They say, “Love at first sight is not true, because one can’t really love someone he/she doesn’t know”. But this is what I felt the first time I saw AL. I called that love at first sight.

It happened a couple of years ago when I decided to join a charismatic choir. My cousin invited me to be a part of this group. On that day, I was sitting on the chair inside of the room while we’re all waiting for other members to come. I was looking outside of the room until I saw a guy who was walking through the door. I didn’t know why all of a sudden there was a sort of magic that happened. It seems my world stops when I saw him. My heart beats fast. I feel like there is a butterfly in my stomach. I knew it’s kind of weird feeling but I can’t help it.

I ended up that day looking at him all day long. I don’t know why did I felt that way. Day after day, we became friends. I knew much more of him. AL is a kind guy. He is quiet and has a good sense of humor. He always crack jokes. He is a religious person and really loves his family which made me fall in love again. I knew that he doesn’t like me and of course he doesn’t even know about my feelings for him. I felt that AL loves my best friend so I always tease them. I was the one who made a way so that my best friend noticed AL. In short, I served as a “bridge”. 

But a few months ago, it seems, everything has changed. AL is always texting me. He always buy me some snack. On the following day, I was shocked when AL confessed about the feelings he have for me. “He loves me”. He proposed love. I already loved him even before. I answered him with a yes, that I do love him too. I was so happy that time and yet wondering because I thought he did love my best friend, Celia But he explained and told me that he didn’t love Celia.

I can’t sleep on that day. I felt like I’m on the cloud nine. We’re happy together and always end up the day with full of laughter. I really want to hang up with him always and I promised to myself that this is the guy that I will cherish forever. 

When I became a college student, I really need to study and stay in Kalibo with my cousin. This diminished the time AL and I spent daily. Although we’re far from each other, we always exchange messages. 

However, after one year, everything has changed. He became cold. Every time he got mad with me, it took a month before he calls me back. 

We’ve been together for two years until April 9, 2012 when he gave up. He broke up with me. He was tired of our relationship. Because we didn’t have time to each other, he decided to let me go. We both cried! I knew it really hurts but I believed that someday, in a right time and in a right place we will meet again. I and AL remain single. He doesn’t have a girlfriend. We still communicate with each other. We are friends. My love for him will never fade. I know we are meant to be. God will give him back to me. I will never forget him and I believe he is my destiny. As of now, I will not mind it because true love waits.

My Parents Love Story

My mother was a hardworking person. She started working at the age of 16. She finished late in high school because of financial problem. She is a breadwinner of the family. They are five siblings. Her parent died due to old age. 

When my mom decided to pursue her study, she applied for a job in a fast food chain to support her everyday needs in school. She started as a cook. It was in this food chain my mother met my father. 

My father is also a breadwinner of the family. They are nine siblings. He pursued his study and completed a 2 year course in computer science. When he first met my mother, something sparked between them. Meanwhile, they decided to become best friends then turned lovers after four years. 

After graduation, my mother decided to go back to Cebu. My father supported whatever her decision then because he believed in a saying of “meant to be” they well. He promised mother that whatever happens, he will always take care of her. 

After a couple of years, my father decided to propose to my mother. He went to my mother’s province in Cebu together with his parents. Few months after his proposal, they decided to tie the knot. They lived happily ever after. We are nine brothers and sisters. The first baby of mom was a twin, four girls and five boys, I’m the youngest in the family. 

They have many hardships in life but they are strong surviving it together. They are thankful to God Who made them meant to be together and forever. 

My parents now are in our province in Cebu. I stay now with my eldest brother in Malay, Aklan. He supports me in my studies. /MP 

No comments: