Saturday, June 23, 2007

EDITORIAL - June 17 - 23 Issue


Bonding, Regardless of Political Parties,
Solves Issues

(Editor’s Note: This editorial spouse is yielded to the valedictory address of Hon. Franklin L. Quimpo, Philippine Councilors League (PCL) president and ex-officio member of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan of Aklan delivered on the occasion of the 18th Regular Session for (2004 – 2007) on June 20, 2007, Kalibo, Aklan.)

Greetings!

When I was asked to make a valediction to be delivered before this August body today, I really was in a quandary with a feeling of mixed emotions. As I understand, only the number one member of a graduating class delivers the valedictory address. Actually, I belong to the lowest rung of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan being on ex-officio member, however, having stayed with the group for the past 5 years, I believe I have to say something regarding my stay.
To me, my being a member of the body for the past five (5) years is more than the required number of years for a baccalaureate, a Masteral and a doctorate degree. The experience and the observations I gained, have broadened my insights and visions especially about governance, public service and public relations.
For all of these, I thank each and everyone of you as my mentors in this school of life. First, to the honorable group of men and women whom I represent in this August chamber, the Philippine councilor’s league – Aklan federation chapter officers, and members led by Hons. Winston Carillo, James Solanoy, Jonna Morales-Torres, Wilbert Ariel Igoy, Lilian Tirol, Vecine Ycay, Larry Briones, Plaridel Solidum of the Executive Council and the Federation Directors namely Apolinar Cleope, Jose Roxie Tirol, Stephen Bolivar, Loubell De Jose, Nerli Dela Cena, Serafin Motus, Vilma Patricio, Alfred Pioquid, Basil Tabernilla, Teddy Nicolas, Josel Rata and Noel Redison. I am always grateful to my organization, Bayan Muna for it’s guidance and forthrightness in keeping my feet on ground; after all, I am here in service to the people!
To my neighbors in this chamber, uncle Berting Venus and pare Antoy Solina, I will miss your hutik-hutik and sikoe-sikoe kung nagapaeamagong ro presiding officer. To pare Stevens, thank you for your encouragement in moments of doubt. To Sonny, I like your style. I will try to imitate it. Kinahangean gid may konting yabang sa atong pagpangabuhi, agud indi kita pagdaug-daugon o ismulon it iba. To Selwyn, the senior board member, you deserve my respect and congratulations, to pare Andoy, the Aklanons at the Western front have chosen well, you are a gem at the SP. To Nong Dodoy, your independence and performance at the SP is worth emulating. To Tay Joe and Pete, more power, to Gerick, mabuhay ang bagong kasal, go and multiply! Nang Daisy, good luck and more power to our gender and development advocacy, to Kaizan, keep up the good work, and last but not the least, to the outstanding vice governor of Aklan, Nong Kel, my greatest mentor, our principal in this school of life. The lessons I learned during my stint will forever be engraved in my heart. I am truly grateful!
My special thanks also goes to the select group which during the good and critical times at the SP have bonded together regardless of political parties and ideologies to discuss, analyze and come up with concrete solutions to prevailing legislative issues and concerns. I am truly indebted to the SP’s Wednesday group. Frankly, rikara nagdugang ro akong aeam. Sa Wednesday group ko nakita nga pwede matabo nga masulong ro progreso it Aklan paagi sa pag strategize, pag plano, etc. ke kontra ka man o ka partido, the Wednesday group gave us a venue to ventilate our concerns, mag tao it free-flowing nga suhestyon sa mga isyus despite our political standpoints. It also gave us the opportunity nga mag bonding and only to realize that at the end of the day, pareho man lang tanan ro atong tinutuyo, ro kamaeayran it Aklan ag pumueoyong Aklanon. More power to the Wednesday group!!!
To those whom I have not mentioned, I know very well, you have helped and supported me in one way or another and these I will cherish in my heart. To all the members of the staff of the SP, led by Nong Odon, my heart felt thanks for without your unstinted efforts my work in the office would have been difficult. Saeamat eang ay graduate eon ako sa solicitation.
To those I have offended or hurt without my knowing it, my sincerest apologies. For all those who did not believe in me, my genuine appreciation for giving me the challenge to work hard and study more. Adios and farewell!!! I will be around every now and then. /MP

No comments: