Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What They Say of Aklan Summit






Media people with Kalibo Municipal Mayor Raymar A. Rebaldo during the OKTOBERFEST -Aklan Media Summit at Magsaysay Park..(Media from Manila, Cebu and Aklan enjoying the music and having fun with the amiable Mayor (center with blue polo shirt)








Megs with Joel Pineda of Cebu City, (Vice-Gov Sanchez Office)
The Publishers Association of the Philippines, Inc. (PAPI) and the Provincial Government of Aklan organized the first ever Aklan Media Summit. It was held in Kalibo and Boracay Island on October 26–29 with the theme: The Role of the Press in Spotlighting Investment Opportunities in Aklan. The affair was participated in by some 100 publishers, writers, journalists and radio broadcasters from the Mindanao, Visayas and Luzon provinces.
The closing ceremony was held in Sampaguita Gardens Resort, New Washington, Aklan. "We have a natural right to make use of our pens as of our tongue…" Voltaire in 1764 said.
Here are some impressions of the participants.

MR. ART PADUA, President, Filipino Academy of Movie Arts and Sciences (FAMAS), Manila
"Wonderful…it’s a beautiful place. I am reiterating my suggestions like what they did in Quezon City where they don’t charge taxes for Filipino movie production. Your government officials in the provinces may have one step further, to offer incentives to film producers and make a film without paying any taxes so that they will be encouraged to come here. You have many beautiful women, too"

MR. PHIL CARACAS – Publisher, Pangasinan News, Dagupan City
"Beautiful place, people are very exciting. I took the Ro-Ro and I was able to discover that there are many things to see in Kalibo. I promise to come back again. I’ll tell my fellow towners to come and see Kalibo, too".

GIOVANNI SANCHEZ, Graphic Director – The Legislative Gavel News under the office of Vice Governor Sanchez of Cebu City.
"Hope we can come back during Ati-Atihan Festival, pity because we have almost the same schedule of Sinulog Festival, too. Kalibo is like a city. One thing I noticed, you have no snatchers, in Cebu, we have so many. And people say thank you with a "bow" gesture like the Japanese, perhaps to show a heartfelt appreciation."

MR. JOEL PINEDA – Desk and Copy Editor – The Legislative Gavel News, Cebu Provincial Capitol, Cebu City
"Kalibo is a very peaceful municipality, a lot of beautiful sceneries and beautiful women, too. People are very nice, accommodating, amiable like you and always smiling. It was my first time in Boracay and it was a wonderful experience."

MR. EDRIC CALMA, English Professor at Miriam College, Quezon City
"I had a nice time in Kalibo. People are so nice and so hospitable. They can show you around without asking for a fee, even the tricycle drivers you can ask them for direction for nothing. I like the mangrove at Bakhawan, it was my first time to see mangrove forest and I am happy that it is very well taken cared of. Sampaguita Gardens Resort is like no other place, too. It was my first time in Boracay in 1997 and I just passed by Kalibo. This is my first time to know that Kalibo is a must-see place pala. All of you have been the best hosts."

MR. ELOY PADUA, Board of Director – FAMAS, Manila.
"Hello to all Aklanons. I am happy to note that I met fellow Rotarians, too. I am honored to speak about Aklan. First of all, thank you for the very warm welcome and hospitality especially the people of Kalibo in giving us the chance and opportunity to be with you and to experience the hospitality of the people of Aklan. We are very happy to be here. Wala kaming agam-agam to be here because it is a very peaceful place. We enjoyed our stay and rest assured that we will spread the words of our wonderful stay here in Aklan and Mabuhay po kayong lahat."

MR. PEDE LU – Publisher, Pagadian Times
"Will sure not forget Aklan, your hospitality are superb, thank you."

MR. JOHNNY NUNEZ, Publisher – Central Luzon Newsbreak, Cabanatuan City
"I sure will treasure my fond memories of my stay." (Report of Megs Lunn) /MP mailto:april_73uk@yahoo.co.uk

No comments: